This is an excellent opportunity to further advance your Grocery / Retail / FMCG procurement and management career specialising in Produce. You will be working alongside a great Manager; he is motivated, driven, encourages personal and professional growth and development and above all he has a wealth of knowledge and experience within the grocery / retail trade, he is a great mentor.
Within this role of Produce Buyer / Manager you will undertake a magnitude of duties and responsibilities including that of:
- Management of stock, ticket and inventory along with stock display, location and rotation
- Ensure promotional and pricing programmes are adopted so that the store presents a competitive and brand consistent offer to the market
- Staff management
- Sourcing of produce
- Supplier negotiations
- Be in the know of what is happening in the market, the trends and developments
- Display building and merchandising optimising sales opportunities
- Store promotional planning and execution
- Work with Reps to maximise sales
A successful Produce Buyer / Manager will have a strong desire to succeed, possesses the strategic and visionary strengths for development and looks for continuous improvement. Success factors will also include FMCG industry knowledge, a background in either wholesale or retail operations and procurement experience.
We are seeking someone who possesses the following attitudes, traits and experience:
- A strong understanding of produce procurement and inventory management
- Understand and effectively manage profitability targets
- Demonstrates initiative and innovation, leads by example
- Effectively communicates and manages relationships with suppliers, reps, customers and the surrounding teams
- The ability to work as part of a motivated team and demonstrate a degree of leadership within it
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Thinks outside the square creating innovative solutions
This is a great opportunity to take responsibility, accountability & ownership for the Produce department. Watch your procurement career accelerate! If you see yourself in this role working with a dynamic, passionate team of people; then register and apply online now!
Email your Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org NOW!! For other exciting opportunities, check out our website – www.cavanagh.co.nz
Follow us on Linkedin – www.linkedin.com/company/cavanagh-&-associates
Like us on our new Facebook page to keep updated of our latest jobs and information: www.facebook.com/CavanaghandAssociates