This Executive Assistant role purely provides dedicated support to the CEO of New Zealand’s national indigenous media / broadcaster, who promotes, revitalises, and normalises the Māori language by taking a digital-first, audience-led approach in the delivery of educational, entertaining, and engaging programming.
This Chief Executive has been described as excellent to work for; not only are they supportive, but they also empower you to get on with your tasks at hand, to be responsible and accountable for you role, they include you, listen to your ideas and value your input. The Chief Executive is hugely passionate about the organisation and its kaimahi, leads by example, walks the talk and is hugely successful.
As the Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive, you will be undertaking their administration onus allowing them to focus on the strategic elements of their role. The associated duties and responsibilities will include:
- Assist and support the Chief Executive; being their right-hand person ensuring the best use of their time
- Diary, email, and travel management
- Prepare reports, documents, and presentations
- Project work
- Event management
- Ensure the Chief Executive’s day operates smoothly, efficiently and effectively
- Preparation of meetings, taking of minutes and following up action points
- Attend meetings, contribute to discussions and decisions
- Stakeholder engagement; primary point of contact
- Trouble shoot and problem solve (go to person)
- Gate keeper
- Handle confidential and highly sensitive information
This Executive Assistant role is renowned as being the ‘go to person’ and the backbone support to the Chief Executive; you will be the one who makes things happen, has your finger on the pulse, is in the know of what is going on around you. To succeed in this Executive Assistant role, you will speak and write Te Reo, have strong business acumen, quick thinking, astute, have good initiative and is intuitive, with strong cultural and emotional intelligence / EQ.
Your efficiency, ability to pre-empt the needs of the Chief Executive, professionalism, attention to detail and calmness under pressure will be well received and valued in this role. The role itself will be fast-paced, busy, challenging and varied, so your broad skill set, sound technical skills and multitasking abilities will be well utilised.
Every day leave the office ticking the boxes of job satisfaction, gratification, and fulfilment from working alongside a great Chief Executive. What more could you want? Apply now!
Follow us on LinkedIn – www.linkedin.com/company/cavanagh-&-associates
Like us on our new Facebook page to keep updated of our latest jobs and information: www.facebook.com/CavanaghandAssociates