A rare and fantastic opportunity has arisen for a skilled Board Secretary who enjoys everything that comes with providing high quality support to an organisation’s Boards and sub-committees/advisory groups. Newly created role.
Join one of Auckland’s most influential social services providers offering practical assistance, advice, making referrals and developing plans to anyone seeking assistance, this charitable trust provides immediate relief and pathways to enable people’s long-term wellbeing. Staff and volunteers work with integrity, respect, transparency and commitment knowing that everyone’s story and needs are different. For over 100 years, this charitable trust has been at the forefront of shaping lives for the better.
As the Board Secretary you will looking after 3 x Boards who meet monthly and multiple sub-committees who either meet monthly or twice a month. On average there is one Board meeting every week. Most meetings commence at 8am and continue for 3 to 5 hours.
The range of duties and responsibilities associated to this role of Board Secretary will include:
- Project manage the implementation of BroadPro and become the superuser of the app.
- Manage the board cycle end to end
- Manage the Boards and sub committees meeting calendars
- Prepare and draft papers, contracts, presentations and speeches
- Manage all meeting logistics and budgets
- Liaise across the business to coordinate meeting paper contribution and correspondence
- Ensure information is actioned and received on time from the business
- Finalise meeting papers and upload to BoardPro
- Attend meetings to take minutes
- Maintain registers and follow up actions as required
- Liaise with the CEO/Chair regarding board matters
- Main point of contact between all stakeholders
To be highly successful and efficient in this Board Secretary role; you must tick the following:
- Previous experience undertaking Board secretariat duties
- You will be confident, systematic, can anticipate needs in advance
- Technically savvy to use various systems including BoardPro
- Deadline driven and detail orientated
- Strong written ability to assist with preparation of key documents
- Ability to work within a diverse workplace
- You will have strong cultural and emotional intelligence / EQ.
Highly rewarding, fulfilling, varied and busy Part time Board Secretary role working in a charitable trust who is at the forefront of shaping lives for the better for the past 100 + years. Apply now!
Email your Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] NOW!! For other exciting opportunities, check out our website – www.cavanagh.co.nz
Follow us on LinkedIn – www.linkedin.com/company/cavanagh-&-associates
Like us on our new Facebook page to keep updated of our latest jobs and information: www.facebook.com/CavanaghandAssociates