About the role
Bring your strong people management skills to this exciting role and work for a large successful and growing logistics company. Although this is a large business, after 28 years, it is still family run, so has a nice close-knit, friendly and down-to-earth culture.
In this crucial role you will add value to the business in overseeing the operations of the customer services team; ensuring that customer expectations are met in regards to inwards and outwards goods.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Management of 11 staff
- Overseeing operations and administration of customer service team
- Staff training, ensuring you are getting the best performance from staff
- Managing staff leave, performance and appraisals
- Manage weekly customer service team meetings
- Ensure staff are meeting KPI’s
- Attend management meetings, and provide reporting
- Manage, prepare and process stocktake reports
- Liaise with customers
- Ensure the service provided by the team meets company and client expectations
- Set up customer reporting information
- Ensure the team adheres to all health and safety compliance and regulations
You will be personnel focused, with a view to mentoring and improving team members in order to get the best from them. You will also be able to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Tem management skills
- A strong can-do and willing attitude
- Good analysis and problem solving skills
- Be able multitask and work well under pressure
- Savvy customer management skills
- Be able to think outside the box
- Experience in logistics would be advantageous
- Experience using Translogix or TLP Logistics systems would be advantageous.
If you have a passion for managing people, enjoy working in a busy role, and are looking for a down to earth working environment, do not stall, apply today.
Email your Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org NOW!! For other exciting opportunities, check out our website – www.cavanagh.co.nz
Follow us on Linkedin – www.linkedin.com/company/cavanagh-&-associates
Like us on our new Facebook page to keep updated of our latest jobs and information: www.facebook.com/CavanaghandAssociates