- Manukau, Auckland
- Permanent - Full Time
The company culture of this organisation is the envy of many organisations. Not only are they the leading New Zealand owned manufacturer of a well-known interior household brand they have exceptionally high staff stability simply because staff don’t leave because it’s a great place to work.
The Assistant Accountant provides support to the Senior Management Accountants to enable the timely and accurate completion of the monthly management accounts, the half year financial statements and the annual financial statements.
The close-knit accounts team consists of 10; everyone is empowered to have responsibility, accountability and ownership for their role and actions. In this role of Assistant Accountant, you will undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
- Daily bank reconciliations
- General ledger reconciliations for the Group
- Process and reconcile intercompany transactions
- Analyse expenses using an expense management system for NZ and Australia
- Calculate and file of NZ and Australian GST and FBT
- Assist in maintaining the Fixed Asset Register
- Assist in the month end reporting
- Assist in half year and year end reporting
- Assist with yearend audit
- Maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
To be successful in this role of Assistant Accountant we are seeking a qualified, like-minded team player who is motivated, driven, high performing and who takes responsibility, accountability and ownership for your role and actions. Along with having strong analytical and problem-solving skills who thinks outside the square creating innovative solutions, works autonomously with very high attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
This is a great opportunity to progress your Assistant Accountant career to the next level and join a company who is known for being a great place to work.
Follow us on LinkedIn – www.linkedin.com/company/cavanagh-&-associates
Like us on our new Facebook page to keep updated of our latest jobs and information: www.facebook.com/CavanaghandAssociates