Health & Safety Manager
- Waitakere & West Auckland
- Permanent - Full Time
This well-established, innovative construction solutions company needs an experienced Health & Safety Manager to provide ‘hands on’ support and expertise to drive safety standards and compliance.
Come make this role your own by implementing systems that promote Health and safety ownership in order to achieve the company’s goals and standards for health, safety, quality and environment, and exceed current national legislation.
The range of duties and responsibilities in this role will include:
- Put into practice your knowledge of current safety legislation
- Be competency in SSSP preparation and site inspections
- Ensure all pre-construction inductions and employee H&S induction are completed
- Ensure all required PPE and PPC requirements are met
- Support and guide site project managers so they are aware and accountable for their site health and safety performance
- Accurately and regularly conduct on-site inspections and audits
- Conduct on-site investigations as required
- Produce effective reports in a timely manner
- Liaise with branch staff, contractors and high-level clients to discuss any critical issues proactively
- Successfully co-ordinate return-to-work processes, WSMP accreditation, and SiteWise
- Showcase your skills in co-ordinating training of branch employees
- Contribute to policy development from time to time
To be successful in this role you will need to possess the following skills and attributes:
- Tertiary qualification in H&S or similar
- Minimum of 5years’ experience in an H&S role (preferably in NZ)
- Intermediate level of MS Office suite
- Clear communicator – both verbal and written
- Professional, effective delivery of safety information to employees and contractors
- Able to provide tailored induction and training to all team members
- Advanced knowledge of NZ H&S legislation
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate with people a diverse range of people
- An eye for setting up systems, details and processes
Strong leadership, staff management and administration skills are essential in this role. If this sounds like the great opportunity for you and you are keen to make a change APPLY NOW! Or feel free to call Siobhan on 027 555 9014, for a confidential discussion.
Email your Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] NOW!
Follow us on LinkedIn – www.linkedin.com/company/cavanagh-&-associates
Like us on our new Facebook page to keep updated of our latest jobs and information: www.facebook.com/CavanaghandAssociates