Management Accountant (Sales)
- Manukau, Auckland
- Permanent - Full Time
The company culture of this organisation is the envy of many organisations. Not only are they the leading New Zealand owned manufacturer of a well-known interior household brand they have exceptionally high staff stability simply because staff don’t leave because it’s a great place to work.
This organisation looks after and value their staff, not only are you paid well they offer health and life insurance, company bonus, and a subsidised on-site café. You will be joining a very secure, stable, professional, and well-known company who inspire and promote excellence.
The Management Accountant (Sales) leads the reporting aspects of all sales and ensures that sales and sales performance are accurately reported and opportunities for process improvements are identified and implemented. This is a crucial role within the finance team. Your days will be busy and will involve a variety of tasks such as:
- Monthly reporting: ensure the timely and accurate reporting of sales and sales performance against budget, with focus on mix, margins and expenses to identify opportunities to improve revenue, gross profit and net profit
- Year-end reporting and audit; ensure year-end reporting of revenue, accounts receivable and related balances incorporated into the annual financial statements are completed accurately and on time, with focus on revenue recognition, cut off, provision for warranties, expected credit loss and the preparation of supporting accounting papers
- Overseeing tax compliance, and reviewing GST and FBT work completed
- Budgets and forecasts
- External audit is completed on time and on budget
To be successful in this role we are seeking a candidate who has:
- Previous management accountant experience ideally 4+ years within a manufacturing environment
- A relevant tertiary qualification in accounting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong business acumen with analytical and strategic aptitude
- You will thrive when dealing with complexity and be a natural problem solver
- A passion for adding value, financial reporting and analysing and advising on data
Apply now to advance your management accountant career to the next level.
Follow us on LinkedIn – www.linkedin.com/company/cavanagh-&-associates
Like us on our new Facebook page to keep updated of our latest jobs and information: www.facebook.com/CavanaghandAssociates