Legal Float Secretary
- Auckland CBD
- Permanent - Full Time
Join a leading New Zealand law firm, who pride themselves on providing the best legal services and advice for each client and situation, as well as providing a friendly and collaborative company culture.
About the role
In this varied and challenging role no two days will be the same and you will gain a wide spectrum of exposure to many different areas within the legal field. You will be an integral part of the administration team and will provide administration and secretarial support to all teams across the business, as well as providing support on Reception when required.
In this role you will carry out the following duties and tasks
- Diary management
- Coordination and preparation of meetings
- Preparing and filing documentation
- Responding to correspondence
- Dictaphone and copy typing
- Liaising with clients, staff and the team
- End of month billing
- Maintaining client files, precedents and research folders
- Opening and archiving files
- General admin assistance where required, such as covering on reception.
You will need to be adaptable to changing your working style to fit with each different partner’s ways of working. You will also need to be flexible in terms of your working hours as there will be a variety of 7am to 3.00pm or 10.30am to 7.00pm or 8.30am to 5.00pm shifts.
To be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate the following skills & experience:
- 5 + Years’ experience working as a legal secretary in the areas of Property and Litigation (Civil, Commercial or Personal Litigation)
- You will have an understanding of court procedures and preparation of court documentation
- Strong computer and word processing skills
- Good spelling, grammar and attention to detail
- The ability to demonstrate initiative
- Have excellent organisational skills and be deadline driven
- Have a great sense of humour and be resilient
- Be a team player with a can-do, willing and flexible attitude
- Be flexible with the hours you can work
This is an exciting opportunity to join a company with a fantastic culture, with directors who are friendly and approachable.
Follow us on Linkedin – www.linkedin.com/company/cavanagh-&-associates
Like us on our new Facebook page to keep updated of our latest jobs and information: www.facebook.com/CavanaghandAssociates