- Highbrook, East Tamaki, Auckland
- Permanent - Full Time
Are you a Tax Specialist who enjoys building and maintaining positive relationships with clients? Do you want to work for a global Accounting Firm who prides themselves on providing innovative and practical business solutions?
As a key member of the team, reporting to the Tax Partner, you will provide specialist taxation services, including technical advice, assistance with IRD audits, tax reviews and training, to clients both internal and external.
In this role you will:
- Consult and provide relevant specialist tax advice to a vast range of clients
- Assist with reviews of clients GST returns, FBT returns and other tax types
- Prepare tax calculations for statutory audit purposes
- Assist the BAS team with specialist tax queries
- Assists with audit tax reviews to identify tax risks where required
- Undertake research and prepare relevant reports as required
- Manage client relationships as required, ensuring that client needs are met promptly
To be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
- Have a Tertiary qualification in Business/Accounting and a New Zealand CA/CPA qualification
- Have 3 years or more experience in a NZ Tax Specialist role
- Be confident in building and maintaining client relationships
- Be able to juggle multiple and changing priorities
- Have clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows software and relevant accounting systems
- Understanding of how to use research databases such as CCH Intelliconnect
- Be a team player who can manage own workload and time effectively
- Report writing skills and/or willingness to develop written abilities
In return you will work in a flat structured, friendly and collaborative environment, for a company who pride themselves in having strong values and a fantastic reputation.
We can only consider New Zealand/Australian Residents or Citizens for this role.
Follow us on LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/cavanagh-&-associates
Like us on our new Facebook page to keep updated of our latest jobs and information: www.facebook.com/CavanaghandAssociates